Ever fancied making homemade cream? Here are the recipes for some of my favourites:
Base cream recipe (makes 100 mls):
- 100 mls Water (Rose Essential)
- 8 gms Emulsifying Wax
- 12 mls Good quality base oil (for face cream I use 4mls Sunflower Oil and 8 mls Rosehip Seed Oil)
- Preservative (I use 1ml Lucidiel)
- Heat the wax and vegetable oil in a bain-marie and stir until the wax has melted.
- Put the water in a pan on heat and remove just before it reaches boiling point.
- Our the water into the oil and whisk briskly for a few seconds and then leave to cool whisking occassionally.
- Add the preservative according to recommended ratios.
- Add 1% of essential oil if desired.
Oil blends Sweet Orange and Geranium Face Cream (100ml)
- 20 drops geranium and 10 drops sweet orange
Ginger and Black Pepper cream (100ml)
- 15 drops of ginger, 15 drops of black pepper, 5 drops sandalwood